Over the years, So Much Drama Studios has worked on a variety of game projects for mobile, PC and console titles. Some for ourselves, some for other clients. Here are a few that we’re able to share.
Mean Girls: The GameSo Much Drama Studios designed and developed this game based on Tina Fey’s 2004 classic movie Mean Girls. This “tiara defense” game rallies together eight characters from the film and all of the Cliques from the cafeteria to stop a new group of Plastics from reassembling the Spring Fling Tiara. The game is steeped in Mean Girls lore, featuring quiz elements to give fans of the movie an added boost, new comics and dialog, game play modes such as “She doesn’t even go here” and “You can’t sit with us,” and, of course, on Wednesdays, everyone in the game wears pink!
- “The Mean Girls game is here and it's brilliant” - Glamour UK
- “If you think that you would appreciate reveling in the majesty that is Mean Girls for your iPhone or iPad, So Much Drama does it better than anyone else could.” - Gizorama
- “A Mean Girls tower defense game makes way more sense than you’d think… It’s like every day is October 3rd.” – 148Apps.com
RuPaul's Drag Race: DragopolisSo Much Drama Studios worked closely with World of Wonder and LogoTV to create this fully branded game that highlights the zany, rule-breaking reality show loved by millions. So Much Drama Studios worked directly with showrunners to incorporate voice, likeness, outfits, and story lines into this fabulous drag-venture. The original game features RuPaul and three fan favorite queens as well as customization options where users can design their own drag queen and style her makeup and outfit and also put their own face in the game.
- “[Dragopolis] manages to capture the charm and magic of RuPaul and the queens that have been captivating fans on Logo since 2009.” – iPhoneFAQ.org
- “RuPaul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis will rule the roost as gaming’s best squirrelfriend.” – GayGamer.net
RuPaul's Drag Race: Dragopolis 2Based on RuPaul’s sensation TV hit “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” RuPaul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis 2.0 follows the original hit game with more outfits, wigs, beads and baubles than ever before. Featuring breakout queens from the hit TV show -- Alaska, Jinkx Monsoon, Jujubee, Ongina, Shangela, Sharon Needles and Raven -- RuPaul’s Drag Race: Dragopolis 2.0 boasts 60 levels of glittering drag puzzle-action gameplay filled with stunning fashion, challenge levels, outrageous humor, and more. And Drag Race All-Star Mimi Imfurst stops by to serve up the delicious voice-over work for Apocalypstyk.
- "Dragopolis 2.0 is more fun than Kim Kardashian: Hollywood. Plus my big, fat, padded ass has the power to fix the Internet she done already broken" - RuPaul
Fireflies!This game captured the imaginations of children around the world. Winner of numerous awards including Kotaku’s Gaming App of the Day and the Video Game Writer’s Pick of the Week, this simple one-touch game offers sixty levels of gameplay across six hand-drawn environments. It also features an interactive soundtrack, in which the way you play the game directly affects the various forest sounds that you hear.
- "A sublimely simple and gratifying game" - Kotaku
- "One of the most relaxing iOS games we've ever played" - RipTen
- "Deceptively simple, but astoundingly rich" - Video Game Writers
The Morning Line
bSpot approached So Much Drama Studios to create a new game that highlights a new interactive real-money wagering technology. The Morning Line is the centerpiece of the bSpot line up of games that use its platform. So Much Drama Studios partnered with bSpot to understand their wagering technology and build a game that was familiar to users, but still showcased the unique features of the bSpot platform.
So Much Drama Studios also provided additional development services for bSpot, including building the native Unity tools for their partner developers.